Not Getting Enough Sleep

Let me start with the fact that I have trouble sleeping. Not going to sleep, but staying asleep.

Now, lets not jump in with quick suggestions, because tonight had a really annoying reason for being awaken at 12:30.

We went to bed early, because the last few nights we have been not getting enough sleep for various reasons, so I was already about 4 hours into my sleep cycle and a time I often awaken anyway.

But I couldn't figure out why I was awake.

Then, there was the sound of a helicopter and/or small plane that gradually got louder. It got louder and louder, then softer again until I couldn't hear it.

Then it came back.

And it came back.

hummm... that helicopter is circling, and that means its the police looking for someone.

I got up and looked out the window, sure enough, helicopter with lights.

Now, we leave the back door unlocked because normally the dogs are back there and one of them bites, but she's inside at night because she also barks.

I went to the back door and locked it, and turned on the back light. I then went and turned on the front light - just to kind of help the police see that there wasn't anyone on the porch if they drove by (too many leaves on the trees still to see from the helicopter.)

Well, the helicopter continued to circle and some IDIOT on the street car alarm kept going off.

so, you've got helicopter/car alarm, helicopter/car alarm, helicopter/car alarm, etc., etc., etc.

Bad enough once, but why does he keep resetting the darn thing when he knows its going to go off again?

Finally, the helicopter went away (I still hear it in the far distance) but the car alarm isn't being set off any more.

Now, I appreciate the police looking for criminals, but IF you have a car alarm going off every 5 minutes, why bother resetting it until the thing setting it off goes away?

We have the same problem during thunder storms!

so, here it is at 3 a.m., I'm up and annoyed and jerk with car alarm is probably happily sleeping and I hope jerk criminal either spent the night in a cold wet ditch or cuffed in the back of a cop cruiser...

0 comments:

Post a Comment