Medical Problems

My friend britney, before she retired, developed these weeping sores on her lower legs. It dripped not blood, but a clearish, yellowish fluid.

I took her to the doctor and he determined they were static ulcers and needed pressure bandages to heal.

Once a week for over a month, I took her in and had those darn bandages replaced.

Flash forward a few years and I was asked by a co-worker if I would look at a wound on her leg.

No, I'm not a doctor, but because of all of my and britney's medical problems I was pretty good at giving advice it seems. Kind of like guessing what could be wrong with a cat because I've had so many and so many sick ones.

I took one look and said, "Static ulcer, you need to see your doctor and get pressure bandages."

Then I saw a friend, the one who died recently, and I saw those weeping wounds on her legs. I told her that she needed to see the doctor before they got worse.

So, are you ever asked to "consult" your friends about medical problems? Are you ever right?

The annoying thing about being right often enough is that when you don't know something, people sometimes don't believe ya!

0 comments:

Post a Comment