I was so surprised today!


When I went into my garden. The garden is edged by rose bushes, some of them are about 20 years old and very well established. Some of them were lost last year due to some hard freezing. I had gone into the back yard last month and did the weed eating (some of the weeds were four feet tall!). In among the weeds was one of the rose bushes trying hard to start over. It was one tiny little shoot that was about 6 inches tall. I was so proud of the bush for trying to come up again. As I worked my way through the weeds I tried hard to remember to be careful around the little shoot, but I was getting tired and my bad leg was getting very weak. Suddenly I toppled over and accidentally weed ate the little shoot. I was crushed and felt really bad about the little shoot and my cutting it off.

Today I was fertilizing the garden and happened to look at the fence where I had chopped down the shoot...and I was so surprised to see that another shoot had grown in its place. Even through adversity the rose bush was determined to grow again. It made me stop and re-assess my life and what I was doing with it. Even when I am hurting so badly and feeling sorry for myself, I need to look at the tenacity of that rose bush and keep going.

How about you? Do you have things happen to remind you that you need to keep going?

0 comments:

Post a Comment