Gray Sea Glass Necklace

I'm very excited about this creation! Gray is considered to be one of the extremely rare colors when it comes to sea glass and this is my first Gray jewelry creation. I'll be adding it to my Etsy shop sometime today.


Gray Sea Glass Necklace

I had planned on adding Twitter for more exposure after the holidays, but a sick child at home gave me more time to promote, and create this week and after reading of Etsy members who have had some success using Twitter for their Etsy shop, I decided to see how tough it was to do.

Signing up for Twitter takes less than 5 minutes. Just some simple questions, a email confirmation and I was off. Now I have my shop linked to Twitter, so when I add an item to my shop, the whole community hears about it within the hour. Everytime I update my blog, the Twitter community hears about it.
So the results after one day...

My views on new items have gone up! Within minutes after setting my Twitter up and linkin it to my shop, my newest item in my shop was Twittered and my views shot up by 10 views. After adding the item to my shop and promoting the piece a few times, I only had 14 views after more than 24 hours. 2 minutes after the piece was Twittered, it shot up to 22 views (no, it hasn't sold, but it is getting viewed and anyone on Etsy knows that you can't sell your items if they don't get viewed) I added two new pieces yesterday and both had minimal views (6 or fewer) after the first half hour on Etsy and then when each was picked up by Twitter, the views more than doubled. So in the very short time it took me to sign up for and link my shop to Twitter, I have found a way to have new items viewed and bring potential new customers to my shop...all with a very minimal effort. It's a pretty cool promotional tool!

0 comments:

Post a Comment