New addition to the family

Today we went to town for me to pick up my fair entries, drop off paperwork at the college and take care of other errands including scheduling PT for my leg and back. Our last stop was at the grocery store for a few food items.

I had been considering a puppy for quite awhile. Monica and Little Bit are really great at lying around and doing nothing, which isn't good for Dachshunds. I thought about a toy Chihuahua which could be easily carried around. Someone had other ideas for me.

We came out of the grocery store and standing there was a young woman holding a Dachshund puppy. Bill pointed her out to me, so I had to go over and see the puppy. It turned out that she was giving away the poor little boy. So guess what soft hearted (or is that headed?) person immediately collected the puppy. Yes, good ole Loverbear. He is a sweet little boy, and there isn't anything that has frightened him yet. He has met all the family members and none of them phased him in the least bit. I figured that Abby would scare the daylights out of the tiny guy, but he went right up to her and touched noses to say hello.

I was even more amazed when I decided to stop on the drive home and take him for a walk. I had some cord in the back of the car and made a collar out of one end and the rest was the leash. He padded along with no problems, he didn't even balk at my walking him back and forth...and he didn't get frightened when vehicles drove by us. He slept in my lap during the rest of the drive home.

Now, I am trying to figure out what to name him. It's going to take a couple of days to figure out the name for the new family member, and even longer for Bill to quit kicking himself for pointing out the little guy and to accept that I grabbed him in a heart beat. The only problem now is his mouth. He is busily letting the world know that he isn't happy being in the pen with Monica and Little Bit. They are just sitting there watching him whine. I'm fairly sure that will stop when I turn off the lights and go to bed.

Okay, how about some name suggestions! I don't want the usual names for dogs...

2 comments:

Eric : Blog De Manila said...

wow...the new member is so cute!...I love the spots (colors)..they're unique!

Have fun in naming him.

eric
http://www.blogdemanila.com/20th-payment-from-adgitize/

Anonymous said...

Prometheus.

Post a Comment