Being different

I had always been the odd one in the family and have done things which got me into trouble many a times. While all my sisters and brothers and cousins are working and earning their living, I gave up a lot of good offers and decided to be a housewife. I am still looked down for that. And my thoughts and actions are so different from my family's that I sometimes get the feeling that they just tolerate me for the sake of family unity. It becomes worse when you are not successful in life-like you don't have a job or don't earn big money and don't have fancy degrees after your name. I do have a masters in commerce but all the others are engineers or mba-s or doctors. I was the first to take commerce in my family and even though i got very good marks, in fact better than the others, it is not considered good enough. How do you deal with that?

0 comments:

Post a Comment